You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Pasta Salad

Today is a great day for it is the day we celebrate the birth of our atoning Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this holiday every year, but this year it especially meant a little more to me as I have just gained a better understanding and relationship with my graceful Redeemer. Today I had to travel back and forth between my two families in order to spend Christmas with both. I had to wake up early in order to spend the first half of the day with my mom. When I did so, I woke up to a nice chunk of snow covering the ground. I became nervous knowing that I had to drive thirty minutes on snow packed roads. But nevertheless, I embarked on an oh-so-treacherous journey to the great lands of "opening presents". I turned on some Mormon Tabernacle Holiday music in my car and enjoyed the beautiful choral music. A huge sense of serenity came over me as I drove slowly in the white wonderlands of Colorado through the countryside. It was early so the sky had a subtle greyish, pinkish color and I just enjoyed that moment to myself in the car on a beautiful Christmas day. My Savior and King, Jesus Christ has been my stability in this life full of craziness and this morning, I was grateful to have a moment to think about Him and realize the beauty of His world. I plan on traveling back to my mom's family's to have dinner so I better cut to the chase and share my recipe for Christmas. Surprisingly its not a baked good. This is my Christmas pasta salad!  







Ingredients:


  • one container of whole wheat noodles
  • 5 oz. plain greek yogurt (I use Voskos' 5.3 oz. yogurt)
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 1-1/2 tablespoon mustard
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1 cup cooked corn kernels (or raw if you are weird like me)
  • sea salt and ground black pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl or Tupper-ware container. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. If you are extra weird, like me, add some deliciousness with some spicy cayenne pepper.



Well au revoir my friends! ENJOY your Christmas holiday and the New Year to come!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment