You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quinoa Summer Saute


Its, summer, and I have not been posting many recipes consistently. My apologies. Its hard to get cooking in the summer when you're constantly going. I have been on several camping trips, and I have been traveling quite a bit. I have been doing pretty good about eating okay, but let's face it. Its a lot harder and I have definitely been eating junky food. That's okay every once in a while though, so I was not really worried about it. However, it definitely felt good to get home and start eating good food again. I can already feel a difference with my energy, no more headaches, no more stomach aches, and simply all around, I am feeling better with good food in me.

This was a new recipe I made tonight. I saw a picture of quinoa, and started craving it. Then, I decided I would try cooking with ginger. Something I haven't tried yet. So, if you get bored on a summer day and want to try some quinoa lovin', then try this recipe. It was really fresh tasting and quite satisfying. D E L E C T A B L E !


serves approx. 3-4 people

Ingredients:

  • 2 cup cooked red quinoa
  • 2 stalks of celery, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 Tbs. ginger root, skinned & chopped
which looks like this. You will find it in the produce section,typically near the cabbage family.
  • 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil (possibly more to prevent burning of vegetables, use at own observations)
  • sprinkle of onion powder
  • dash of parsley
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • dash of cayenne pepper for a little zip!


  1. Follow cooking instructions for quinoa as instructed on the package
  2. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium sized sauce pan
  3. Sauté bell pepper, ginger, and celery for approximately 6-8 minutes  
  4. Add seasoning 
  5. Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to the saucepan with sautéed vegetables
Easy peasy right?!


SIDE NOTE ON QUINOA: Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein. It is also a seed, not a grain. It is gluten free so it is safe for those with celiac disease. YAY FOR QUINOA! :D You can find it at almost ANY local grocery store. It is fairly cheap, but if there is anywhere near you that sells bulk foods, it is nearly almost always cheaper bought bulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment