You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Friday, November 30, 2012

"Day after" Thanksgiving snack

I love Thanksgiving! It is a time where I just forget about all that I dont have and truly recognize all the countless blessing I do have. Why can't everyday be thanksgiving?? Oh wait, it can and should be. Everyday is a time for thanksgiving. To realize how much you have and give back to whoever you come across that could use a little assistance. That is what I believe is true happiness. Being thankful. Every truly happy person is thankful and dwell on all the things they do have rather than vice versa. The day before Thanksgiving I was thinking about how blessed I am to even have a creek full of drinkable water only a mile away, much more at the touch of a button on my fridge! Some people don't even have as much as a natural source of clean water within a reasonable walking distance. And if that is something I should be thankful for, then I have SOOO much more to reflect on. Anyways, after you have read my little devotional on gratitude, its time to get to what I am really thankful for tonight. The food!! After Thanksgiving, you may have a little turkey lying around in the fridge but lets face it! You are still stuffed from the binging that took place the day previously. However, once mid-afternoon rolls around, you could go for a nice, light snack. Here is my solution to this predicament you find yourself in.... :) its my simple, easy to make, "Day after" Thanksgiving snack.



What you need:
  • raw, sweet vegetables such as red bell peppers, carrots, celery, sweet peas, etc.
  • left over turkey
  • maybe a little olive oil and yummy seasoning.
This next part is the easy part. Mix it all together. I know that wasn't the most genious recipe, but it is a nice idea for a light snack that possibly you haven't thought about. :) Enjoy your eating..

No comments:

Post a Comment