You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Friday, November 30, 2012

TGIF Weekend Chinese

IT'S FRIDAY! Oh how this week has been long. Not complaining, its been good! But long. Very long. I don't know what it is but I have been so tired and so drained this week. Maybe its the change of weather going into Winter or maybe its the simple fact that it was the week after Thanksgiving break. Phew! Well nevertheless, its over and the weekend is here! Can I get a woot woot?! I felt like Chinese, so off to the Natural Foods store I ventured to find myself some ingredients to experiment with. The little Chinese concoction I came up with wasn't too bad. I may find some little alterations down the road but its good enough to share. So on this beautiful, long waited for Friday, I present to you, my newest recipe....(would it be too much to ask for a drumroll?).......TGIF Weekend Chinese!!

*Serves 2-3*

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup cooked grain such as rice, quinoa, millet, couscous, amaranth (that is what I used tonight), etc.
  • 2/3 Cup shredded red cabbage
  • 1/3 Cup shredded carrots
  • 3 Tb. chopped green onions
  • 1-2 minced garlic cloves
  • 2 Tb. sesame seeds
  • 1-2 Tb. olive oil
  • 3/4-1 tsp. groung ginger (less if you don't like ginger as much)


  1. Prepare preferred grain as instructed.
  2. In a medium frying pan, saute onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
  3. After letting those saute for about three minutes, add cabbage, carrots, and extra olive oil if needed.(If the ingredients are browning to the bottom of the pan)
  4. Once grain is done, and you have cooked the vegetables to your desired preparedness, mix the grain in with the veggies.
  5. Add ground ginger and sesame.
  6. Let the flavors combine together in the pan over low heat for five minutes before serving.
  7. Add salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment