You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Humdrum Quesadillas

Today was rather uneventful, I am not gonna lie. Nothing too "snazzy". It was rather nice to just slow down for a day. : )  When dinner rolled around, I decided that quesadillas sounded good. So in an attempt to spice up my day a little, I decided I wanted to try and "jazz" up my boring quesadillas. Secret ingredient? Apples!! Please stop the applause, everyone and their grandma has already used this idea but if you have never tried this (which might be all of two of you reading this) then congratulations on making a new discovery. So here you go. The recipe for my "Humdrum Quesadillas". (Dorky, I know, that the only thing exhilarating today was that I learned a new word. Humdrum: boring;uneventful). DONT GET ME WRONG! These quesadillas are anything but humdrum!  But remember? I name the recipes after things that happened that day. I don't name them on the quality or characteristics of the dish. ; )






Here's the scoop:

You take two whole wheat tortillas. You put one face down on a large skillet/frying pan. You put desired amount of mozarella cheese onto the tortilla. Then you slice apples into 1-2 cm slices. Place them on top of the cheese. Place your remaining tortilla on the cheese and apples and let it cook unto the bottom tortilla is golden brown. Flip and let the other side cook the same. Simple enough? I thought so. It is a quick and delicious way to jazz up the typical cheese quesadilla. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment