You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pacha Pasta

Have you seen Emperor's New Groove? I don't even care how old I am, it is still my favorite movie of all time. It is so hilarious!! I got some of my friends together to watch it tonight, (because we aren't too cool for G rated, kiddy, hilarious movies) and we couldn't stop laughing. And may I add the fact that it has such good morals. I just feel warm and happy inside when I watch it. I don't have to censor anything or filter crude language or jokes like every other movie on the planet. I could just watch it and enjoy. Another thought, Pacha, one of the main characters is such a good guy. I love him a lot. No matter how rude the emperor is to him, he still wants to help out and be loving. End of Story. Pacha is the best! And another cool story...I made a new pasta dish tonight for dinner. Do you see where I am going with this? I see where I am going with this. : ) Pacha Pasta!!!! Here is the recipe....

*serves 2-3*

Ingredients

  • one package of whole wheat spaghetti pasta (the less preservatives and ingredients, the better!)
  • 1 1/2 Cup spinach
  • 1/4 C hemp seeds (I got some at the local health food store)
For the Tangy Sauce:
  •  2 Tb. olive oil
  •  2 Tb. red wine vinegar
  •  2 Tb. mustard (French's is the best)
  •  2 Tb. honey
  •  sea salt & pepper to taste

Ok, so this is a quick and easy meal process so I hope you can easily figure it out. Cook the pasta according to directions. Then, once thouroughly cooked, drain the pasta and put it back in the sauce pan. Throw in the spinach and the hemp seeds and cover with a lid to let the leftover heat steam the spinach. While this is taking place mix all the sauce ingredients until thouroughly combined. Pour over your pasta dish and serve with parmesan if you would like. (You may soon learn I love parmesan on everything!)

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment