You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Your Welcome Chocolate Cookies

Let me tell you something. Sometimes, you come up with really yummy, unique recipes and you don't really want to share them because you have this dream of it becoming some legendary family secret that is passed down from generation to generation. And then you have a day where you feel really generous so you share it on your food blog anyway. Let me tell you something else. I can read your mind and I know that you are secretly thinking something along the lines of: "If I want to ever be healthy, I can't eat chocolate cookies ever again!" Well can I prove you wrong? This recipe has a lot of beneficial ingredients for your body and quite honestly beneficial yumminess for your soul. Yes, I just went there. So all in one, I am sharing a recipe that I  debated sharing with you, AND I am giving you the freedom from sacrificing chocolate cookies in order to be "healthy". I appropiately named these cookies, Your Welcome Cookies. :)

*makes 12 cookies*

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or just regular Whole Wheat Flour works too)
  • 2/3 Cup Sucanat (SUgar CAne NATural)
  • 1 generous tsp. baking powder
  • 1 generous tsp. cinnamon
  • dash of sea salt
  • 3 generous Tb. cocoa
  • 1/3 C grapeseed oil
  • 2 tsp. coconut oil
  • 3 Tb. honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3-4 Tb. almond milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. In a larger bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Stir dry into wet until you have a thick dough. If the dough is too sticky, stir in some more flour. Roll into 12 balls, and flatten onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the top of the cookies crack. Then sit back and relax as you enjoy amazing chocolate cookies. Oh but make sure to turn off your stove. I would hate for your house to burn down. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment