You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kyndal's Peanut Butter



So the cat is out of the bag! Yes I do make my own peanut butter. My friends find this wildly amusing for some reason and I just laugh at them while I enjoy a delicious peanut butter sandwich with creamy, homemade, fresh ground peanut butter. Ever since I was little and was a curious little fella, I took a look at the ingredients of peanut butter and it disturbed me. Don't do it! I promise you will be scarred for life. Or maybe not because you aren't crazy and you love Jiffy. Thats always cool too. Anyways, bottom line is I have always just wanted peanuts in my peanut butter. I always thought peanut butter was just in fact that, peanuts, all of course until that dreadful day! So somewhere along the way I discovered the beauty of fresh ground peanut butter. Try it if you are a PB fan and you don't like numerous scary, unpronounceable ingredients in your body....or try it just because you trust me and my deliciousness expertise. Or don't try it at all if you want to kill the peanut butter party dream I have going on here. Ya know. Whatever I guess.  If that's your kind of thing to do than go ahead. But for the rest of you! Here it is:


So for those of you who do not have some type of a low blade blender or a food processor (I have even found that coffee bean grinders work!), I am terribly sorry for getting you excited about this peanut butter because I don't know of any other way for you to make it without. Props to you if you figure out a way.


So this is my nifty little grinder. Its kind of like a knock-off Bullet. It works great for this. Like I said, I'm sure a food processer would work or even a low blade blender.


Ingredients:
  • unsalted, roasted peanuts
  • honey/agave
  • dash of sea salt


For a mini blender (like mine)
1. I usually only grind about 1/2 cup of peanuts at a time. So place 1/2 cups of peanuts in your blender

2. Blend and let the peanuts grind.

3. Once it become finely ground and starts sticking together, stop blending, and shake around the container until a peanut ball forms. (If it doesn't form yet, it hasn't been grinding long enough)

4. Blend again and let it grind until you can see the creamy part "whipping" around.

5. Let it continue to blend into a creamy mixture for another thirty seconds, just to be sure to that it is nice and creamy.

6. Once it is done, scoop out the peanut butter into a dish orTupper-ware and stir in 1 tablespoon of honey or agave.

7. Continue this process until you have the desired amount of peanut butter that you need.

For a Food Processer:

I don't actually have one but I am sure that this will work if you do it this way.

1. Place 2 cups of peanuts in the bowl of the food processor
2. Turn it on high speed
3. Let the peanuts grind and process together until you have a smooth consistency
4. Stir in 1/4 cups of honey or agave


(if someone tries the food process method, please comment and let me know how it turns out. I imagine that it would work just as great if not better)

Note to everyone!
**Store the peanut butter in the fridge!!!**

 

No comments:

Post a Comment