You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Fore!" Pistachio Crusted Chicken

So I am visiting my dad, and today we went golfing. He had some buddies come and then we played eighteen holes. At one of the holes, my luck landed me in the sand pit. So I snatched out my sand wedge and ventured into the pit. I rarely hit out of the sand hazard, so on the side my dad was shouting me some pointers. I took a shot, and the ball barely missed my dads head. The situation was saved from disaster by a whole two feet. It missed him by that much. I think its clear that I need to practice my sand shots. Well, tonight I made such good chicken! I crusted the chicken breast with ground pistachios and then cooked it in olive oil in a frying pan. It was delicious. And I am not just saying that for advertising. It was honestly so good! And between the nuts and the chicken, my meal was packed with protein and healthy fats to help my body function to its best potential. Nothing gets better than that. Other benefits of pistachios include B vitamins for energy, Phosphorus for strong bones, and Manganese which is supposed to help with your energy metabolism. Sounds enticing huh? It sure tastes DELICIOUS so might as well enjoy being healthy. Here's the scoop on the how to...



*serves 2-4 (depending on how much each person eats)*

Ingredients
  • 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half long ways
  • 2-3 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup ground pistachios
  • dash of cinnamon OR
  • dash of oregano
Ok so on one slice of chicken breast I tried cinnamon, and on another I tried oregano to see which one was better. But here is the problem...They were both sooo good! So if you want something a little sweet, cinnamon is the way to go. If you want a little spice, try the oregano. Or you can try both! Ya, ya that's a good idea. Try both!

  1. Put the ground pistachios and your preferred spice in a ziplock bag.
  2. Throw the chicken in and shake it around
  3. Heat up the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat
  4. Once the oil is heated, throw your chicken in and let each side cook for about 6-8 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment