You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kiddy Chicken Fingers

When I was a child, I could have eaten chicken fingers for every meal. Between that and Mac n' Cheese, I would have gotten along just fine. Whenever we would go to restaurants, my dad wouldn't even have to ask, he would just order chicken fingers for me. (Either that or buttered noodles). Now, I am a little hesitant to eat chicken fingers made by just anyone. Who knows what is really in the "chicken" finger. Call me crazy but hey! It gives me a reason to experiment with food right? Well last night I was really thinking that chicken fingers sounded good. Instead of bread crumbs though, I used ground almonds and chia seeds. So good! Mmm...Well just for your well being, I am prescribing you to make and eat these chicken fingers. Ya that's right....You didn't know I was a food doctor did you? Ya well my title is really  Ms. Kyndal F.D. (Food doctor).  So obey the doctors order. You better get to the kitchen! Oh P.S! The honey mustard sauce is to die for! K, im done. On to the food we go.....


Ingredients
*serves 3-4 people*
  • 2 chicken breast sliced into strips
  • 1/4 cup ground almonds
  • 1 Tb. chia seeds
  • 1/8 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
For honey mustard sauce:
  • 2 Tb. of mustard
  • 2 1/2 Tb. of honey
  • sprinkle of salt, pepper, and onion powder

  1. Put the ground almonds, chia seeds, and spices in a freezer baggy.
  2. Throw in the chicken strip and shake around.
  3. In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
  4. Once, the oil is heated, throw on the chicken strips. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on both sides, depending on how thick your chicken strips are.
  5. Check before eating that your chicken is not pink in the center.
  6. For the honey mustard sauce, just whisk together all the ingredients in a small dish.
  7. Enjoy feeling like a kid again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment