You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oh Boy Sghetti Squash

Today, I had my fair share of "Oh Boy" moments. Like during track practice when the boys' soccer team walks by and I say how attractive soccer boys are. Oh don't worry. They all heard me. Or better yet. When I have to do a back-walk-over in the front of Spanish class. Nailed it! Not... Most . Ungraceful . Thing . Ever ! That's all that needs to be said. But don't worry, at the end of the day, I can say that I had an amazing day and I get to eat Sghetti Squash. And no! I like spelling it that way thank you very much. So, for all of you who aren't awkward like me, I hope you have an amazing rest of your day. And for those of you who are awkward like me, well I guess we can just say, "Oh boy," and walk away. That's all....


Ingredients
*Serves about 3 people*
  • 1 medium spaghetti squash
  • 2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
  • 8-9 white mushrooms
  • 4 medium garlic cloves
  • dash of parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • parmesan (optional)
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Cut the squash down the middle
  3. Clean out the "guts" of the squash (the seeds and excess stuff in the middle)
  4. Place the squash, rind side up, on the middle oven rack
  5. Cook for 40 minutes 
  6. When it comes out, take a fork and scrape from the top to the bottom. (You should easily have separation of the spaghetti like strings)
  7. Heat your olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
  8. Once oil is heated, throw in you mushrooms and seasonings
  9. Let sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently
  10. After 4 minutes, throw in garlic and let cook for an additional 3 minutes
  11. Turn off the heat and stir in the spaghetti squash into the pan.
  12. Top with parmesan (optional)
  13. Serve & Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment