You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Hermit" Pistachio Curried Egg Salad

I definitely have nights where I just want to be hermit and do nothing. Especially on Fridays at the end of a long week. Its nice to get in sweats and chill some nights. A few of my friends came to my house to just chill. I ate quite a lot, so that was fun! HA! But I did get some pretty good laughs with my amazing friends. I couldn't ask for any better friends than I have. I am definitely blessed and nothing makes me happier than when my friends are happy and lively and laughing. Sometimes, I just love people. :) Well I made this dish Friday. When I decided to be a home body and stay a hermit at home. So enjoy.


Ingredients
*makes enough for roughly 3 people*

  • 4 eggs
  • 3 heaping Tb. of low fat cottage cheese
  • 1 Tb. mustard
  • 2 Tb. ground pistachios
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 6-8 spinach leaves
  • whole wheat tortilla (sprouted wheat is even better!)

  1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil
  2. Place eggs in and makes sure there is a sufficient amount of water to cover the eggs
  3. Cook for 15-20 minutes
  4. Carefully, take out the eggs and place them in a bowl with ice water
  5. Once they are completely cooled (about 20 minutes), peel the eggs and smash them in a medium sized mixing bowl
  6. Mix in cottage cheese, mustard, pistachios, and seasonings
  7. Warm your tortilla and line with spinach
  8. Spoon the egg salad mixture on top
  9. Roll your tortilla up
  10. Enjoy!!
*Also works on whole wheat bread too!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment