You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Don't Be Afraid of Brussel Sprouts!!


Ok, so you read the words "brussel sprouts" in the title! Don't turn away!! Brussel sprouts just have a bad reputation for some reason as that one tasteless healthy gross food that you threaten your kids with. But I'm here to say, challenge that reputation! I did and I came to find out that there are really good and if prepared the right way, I actually crave them! Say what?! Crazy I know. But try it sometime. You might actually surprise yourself. This is the way that I like to prepare them even though there are several different ways I'm sure. You could always steam them, roast them, or other methods. Personally, I like boiling them. Here is how I do it....








First Step:

Peel off the first layer of leaves













Second Step:

Chop of the little stem thing at the end



 
Third Step:
 
Cut an X on the bottom, as shown
 
Fourth Step:
 
Place brussel sprouts in boiling water so that there are covered completely
 
Fifth Step:
 
Take out after 8  minutes of cooking




Sixth Step:
 
You can either stop here, OR what I like to do is chop them up a little just to make it a little easier to eat.
 
Last Step:
 
Top with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice along with some sea salt and pepper and enjoy your snack! :)


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment