You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Big City Pancakes

There is this thing called smog. Its gross. It fills the air with nasty guckiness. For whatever reason my city is filled with it. Apparently during the winter, because I'm in a big valley, the guck settles right above our heads. The air quality is gross. It looks like a big city. But here is the problem. I live in a small city. A very small city that is not industrial whatsoever. I wouldn't care that much except for the fact the I have been informed that I shouldn't run because not only is it ten degrees out, but the air quality is really bad and your not supposed to breath it into your lungs? Ya I don't know if that's true or not but I figure better safe than sorry, right. I can start running outside in a week or more. For now, I guess I just have to settle with the rec. Anyways, aside for the pollution, life is great. Especially because I perfected  a pancake recipe. Something I have been attempting for months. Vwal-ah! It is done. Step aside. Here comes some Big City Pancakes!



Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup oat flour (ground oats)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 egg whites
  • 4 tablespoons applesauce

  1. Mix the dry ingredients
  2. Mix in the egg whites and applesauce
  3. Heat up a small frying pan over high heat
  4. Turn the heat to the lowest setting
  5. Pour pancake batter into a pan and cook like normal pancakes. (Cook till both sides or fluffy and golden brown)
  6. Top with fruit, agave, honey, natural maple syrup, peanut butter, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment