You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

3 Bean Salad

Because I have already written two post previous to this one today, I feel like I have said all that I really need to say. So, I decided to mix things up a little bit and share with you a poem that I wrote two weeks ago. P.S: I got the original recipe of this one from Whole Foods Market recipes. I just changed it up a slight bit. Here is a poem for your sheer enjoyment.



 
 Fifty Steps
      By: Kyndal Cowper
Remember, Remember the Lord once said
Remember through Me, you will never be dead
  Through Me, there is life, on Earth and here after
 
  Especially through all your stormy disasters
Confused you may be, no light or life you may feel
 But child have I ever, broken a promise or deal?

What promise? You may say, you may not recall
Before your life on Earth, I said I would not let you fall
   On one slight condition, your diligence it might take
  Cleave unto My Light and please never forsake
 
It seems like a lot, I am asking you to do
But with one step towards me, I’ll take fifty towards you
Though it’s dark, you cannot see, you don’t understand
Reach through that great darkness, for there will be My hand
  If you feel lost and confused, a little secret to grow
In a trial, embrace Me and peace you will know
 
 
Ingredients
  • 1 can of organic kidney beans (equal to: 1 and 2/3 cups cooked kidney beans which is equal to: 2/3 cups dry beans)
  • 1 can of organic black beans (same equivalents as above)
  • 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
  • 3 cups of fresh green beans, chopped, steamed
  • 1/2 cup of cubed pieces of fresh mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup onion chopped
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons mustard (Dijon or regular)
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 3-4 tablespoons honey
  • salt and pepper to taste
 
 
 
 
  1. Mix all the ingredients except for the oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, and salt/pepper.
  2. In a small dish, whisk together the oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, and salt/pepper.
  3. Pour over the beans and mix well.
  4. Refrigerate or serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment