You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Avocado Deviled Eggs


Today is the Super Bowl. Guess who doesn't really care? Wait a second! Why are your fingers pointing to me?!?! Oh ya! Cause I don't really care that much about Super Bowl Sunday. (Sorry for offending any of you fanatics. I hope we can still be friends) Anyways, so ya. Today is the big day I suppose. But one thing is for sure. Food is good. And food is often associated with this annual event. I like food. You like food. I guess that's something we can agree on. Whenever I hear people say Super Bowl, I automatically think of deviled eggs. My dad's deviled eggs to be exact. I love them a lot. That is one thing that I loose my self-control over. So, as the word "Super Bowl" was brought up a lot today, I came to a conclusion that I was seriously craving some good ole' deviled eggs. But wanna know a confession? I really have an issue with mayonnaise. We aren't friends mayo and I. I strongly dislike the texture, taste, and content. So off I went on an adventure to make mayo-free deviled eggs. A little birdy once told me avocados work as a yummy substitute so I couldn't resist. Wanna know something? They were so good! Now granted, I lost a little self-discipline tonight, but these stinkers were worth it! So for all of you who care about the Super Bowl, continue watching your T.V. For all of you that don't care, get to making these eggs. I promise, your insides will be filled with warm fuzzies.




Ingredients
*makes 12 deviled eggs*
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs, halved
  • 1/2 avocado, smashed
  • 2-3 tablespoons mustard (depending on how much of a mustard taste you like)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • dried parsley for garnish
**For all you wonderful, brave souls, add a little dab of horse-radish. That's what I'm talking about!**


1. In a medium bowl, smash cooked egg yolks and avocado together.
2. Stir in the mustard and seasoning.
3. Fill the empty cooked egg whites with the avocado mixture. (Tip: Spoon in the mixture to a small sandwich bag. Squeeze it all to one corner and cut a medium sized opening. Squeeze out the mixture into the egg whites.)
4. Sprinkle some parsley and maybe some cayenne pepper if your a spicy kind of person.
5. Enjoy your day full of yumminess and joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment