You have just opened a door to a journey of yummy food and healthier living. All in one! Your welcome. Stay around and explore this site full of delicious, tasty, healthy recipes! Enjoy your trip!

Friday, April 5, 2013

"Tour de Colorado" Whole Wheat Bread

Today was just one of those days. Those beautiful days. Visiting my dad, we went for a 12 mile bike ride. I like to call it the Tour de Colorado.  {eh? eh? See what I did there?} It was so beautiful outside and such a good activity that not only exercises your body, but exercises your mind. Riding a bike is such a perfect time to think. The trail we rode is so beautiful and feels so secluded from the world. My favorite part by far was the people we saw along the way. They never failed to smile or wave or say "hi there" when we passed. It just made me think, wouldn't the world be so great if everyone just loved everyone? We really have no reason not love everyone. So let's start! Yeah? Me and You. Here we go. Let's just love everyone. Let's not be afraid to say "hi" to those strangers we pass everyday. Let's not hold back from a harmless conversation with a person we have never met. You never know how far that little act can go. That's gonna be my goal. After all, we are all sent here to live a life of our own. We were all nervous to leave our heavenly home and come to create our own story. So why not reach out to each other a little? These were just some thoughts strolling through the beautiful countryside today. And I just know I surely need to work on reaching out.

Hey! Remember that bread recipe I got you all excited about in my Divine PB & Blackberry Sandwich post?! Well, hopefully you don't remember how long ago that was because let's just say, I slacked off on posting that as quickly as I hope. I apologize! But here it is. It is sooooo delicious. Please try it if you want to be happy in life. Yep, that's right. I'm giving you the key to happiness right here in this recipe. {Okay so maybe it isn't the key to happiness, but its gotta be pretty close!}

Oh and this is one recipe that I did not create. I got it from a woman in my church ward. So don't give me credit.   :)




Ingredients

*Makes either 2 large loaves, or 3 small-med. loaves*

  • 5 cups hot water
  • 1 cup grapeseed oil
  • 1 cup honey
  • 4 Tb. yeast
  • 12 cups whole wheat flour (be brave and grind some hard wheat yourself. It is too good not to)
  • 2 Tb. sea salt

  1. Dissolve the honey in the hot water and mix in the oil
  2. Once the mixture has cooled to a warm temperature, sprinkle the yeast gently on top
  3. Mix the flour and salt
  4. Once the yeast mixture has foamed, about 8 minutes, pour it into the flour
  5. In a bread machine and or in a kitchen-aid, knead on medium speed for three minutes(If you don't have either, just knead really well for about 3-5 minutes)
  6. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes
  7. On an oiled counter surface, roll out dough and form the loaves (to avoid creating air bubbles, fold in the sides of the rolled dough to the middle, and then throw it hard onto the counter a few times)
  8. Press the dough into the corners of a bread pan
  9. Bake on 200 degrees until the bread has sufficiently reached the top of the pan
  10. Once it has reached the top, turn up the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes (I found that to be not quite enough, so I would suggest 38-40 minutes)
  11. Remove and let the loaves cool before you take out of the pan
  12. Enjoy the happiness that will flood over you the second you take the first bite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment